Friday, April 20, 2007

Wei Nan Wang Lor Mee: Inflation? What inflation?

With iwatch_ueat and introducing our latest makankaki, gubak


Once upon a time, there was a young couple who started selling Lor Mee in Bugis Street. Forty years later they have moved several times, but they are still happily married and selling the same stuff at almost the same price! And the couple lived happily ever after.

Anyway, if you are really hungry and only have $2 in your pocket, head down to this stall and you can have a nice big bowl of Lor Mee with lots of ingredients for just $2. And the Lor Mee actually tastes quite good too. The sauce is not overly thick and has got a sourish tang to it. The crispy fried stuff soaked in the Lor was quite shiok. 4/5



Conclusion

There's something really romantic about an old couple manning a store together. Reminds me of that song, "Love Me". You know, the one that goes "If you get there before I do, don't give up on me..........but between now and then, till I see you again, I'll be lov'in you...... Love Me" (Always thought I'd be in a Karaoke somewhere when I am 70 singing this song to my wifey... not that I can sing hor) They were lovely to talk to and very friendly. So you get value for money and service to boot. For $2, you really can't complain too much.

Wei Nan Wang Hokkien Lor Mee
Golden Shoe Carpark
#03-03
Open 9.30am to 3.30pm

Recommended by Gubak

8 comments:

Nod said...

try the one at tanglin halt 10th floor foodcourt too! sold out by lunch! teow chew style

Stay-at-home mum said...

Have not tried this stall, but will do so soon. Try my favourite at Amoy hawker centre. Also $2.

tak said...

My fave would be the one at Old Airport Road Food Market but it only opens till early afternoon and seems like after moving to the Temp market it doesn't taste as good

ex & future CBD slave said...

I swear by this stall.

Damien said...

Used to have this daily when I was working part time during my student days.

Am real glad they're still around.

talking7urtle said...

One of my favourites :-) The gravy is not that thick but the taste is simply delicious. Will go for it whenever I'm in town. The last time I went, am surprise that they are still selling at $2 per bowl...

Doris said...

Oh, I love not only the couple's Lor Mee but also their service. Their gravy is not overly starchy & is very generous with the ingredients.

The store aunty will remember your face if you've been long enough around patronizing her store but stop going there & then reappearing after a long time of disappearance. They are really very good nature people.

angela said...

i beg to differ. I prefer the one at Hong Lim Food Centre (Second Floor behind the famous Curry Chicken Noodles) (the crispy fried stuff is VERY delicious and crispy) and the one at Amoy Food Centre (Super thick gravy).

I find the one at Golden Shoe overrated.

P.S.: I am wrking somewhere near golden shoe.

Post a Comment